Cisco TAC | 2016/17

Hiiii Ayushi
Can u tell me during interview whether they just asked basic questions on networking or in deep of routing n switching n all…

I have my test and interview both on 6 october.

Same happened with me too. But they didn’t tell me that u r shortlisted. I think u should contact Elitmus for this and let us know the update.

The results at elitmus interviews section is showing. what is your status showing there?

Hi everyone,
This is my first blog on Adda. Please forgive me if I go wrong anywhere.
Below are all the details which might help some people for upcoming drives of Cisco TAC Engineer.
First round will be an apti round with following sections:

1. C program
  2. DBMS
  3. Networking

C Programming section will have questions from:
i) Output program- These were very easy. To be honest if your basics are clear then it is easy. Output was like pre-increment, post-increment, string output , enum. Only 10 questions were there for this section.
ii) DBMS- This was also easy. only 5 questions in this section. One was to write a query in which you had to declare a variable in a select variable.one was 1 to many relation(which table will have foreign key). Easy.
iii)Networking- Absolutely basics. Nothing else. OSI,LTE full form. Class 1 private and public ip address example, twisted pair , coaxial cable . rarp. Go through the link and the question were from there ONLY.

First round was held at elitmus evaluation center,HSR,Bangalore. I cleared the first round. The results will be out within 1:30 hr. So you cannot leave from there.

Second round will occur on the same day itself. I was asked to go to :
{BANGALORE}
Cisco Systems India Pvt. Ltd.,
Cessna Business Park,
Kadubeesanahalli Village,
Varthur Hobli, Sarjapur - Marathahalli
Outer ring road, Bangalore - 560087

Every Cisco Person was very helpful. The interviewers asked all the candidates whether they had lunch or not. Food was provided for us. Since I am working as a web developer, the interview went on like this:
i) Tell me about yourself etc etc (this was exactly what he asked)
i told him about myself and my company and my job (full stack web dev).
ii) Why this job ? this is different from your current job ? (answered)
ii) SO what have you studied for the interview ? (I din knew what to say so I told lets start with OSI model). OSI model ? Hmm ? Ok vishal, look at the board and lets say A and B are two person who want to chat with each other. How do you think the communication will happen ? (There was osi model fully built up on the board. I had to explain what was each layers work and how ) .
Good, but I’ll recommending you as of now. You will be given topics which you have to prepare and come whenever we’ll call you.
(Interview complete).

I do not know what happened but when I came out of the interview , I was told that I can leave for the day. There were 2 other people who had the same thing and they were told they would be contacted vial email. I think luck din help me out. But anyways all the best to all of you guys for the upcoming drive. If you want more info , do comment on this blog. I will be happy to help.

4 Likes

Hi Guys

Hope you all are doing good!

I am sharing my experience for the Cisco TAC Engineer (Contract position) so far. I got an email from e-litmus on September 12 to attend the aptitude round of Cisco. I was given two options

• Bangalore - 16 Sep followed by interviews on 22 Sep
  • Delhi - 23 Sep followed by interviews on 06 October

I attended the test at Bangalore location on 16 September. The test Comprised of 45 questions (30 from Computer Network,10 From C language and 5 from Basic DBMS including SQL queries). The difficulty of the test was moderate.45 minutes were allotted for the test.

After the Test I got another mail from e-litmus on September 18, there it was mentioned as under (an exact version of few lines of my mail)
" Dear Aman Kumar Mishra,

We are happy to let you know that Global Leader in Networking has shortlisted you for further evaluation.

In order to attend the same, you need to “Accept” the invite that the company has sent to you. Last Time/Date to accept the invite is 10:00 AM, 21/Sep/2018 ."

The interview was Scheduled on 22nd September 2018 and reporting time was 9.30 am.

I reported at the interview venue at sharp 9.30 and after completing all the formalities finally, my Interview began at around 11.00 AM ( Yes, we were offered with sandwiches as breakfast)

The Interview (in my case ) comprised of 2 rounds the first being technical, here 2 interviewers asked me some technical questions related to Networking (like MAC address, IP address, port numbers, and errors etc) and OS Concepts (Why win 10 and not win 8, paging, Clock Speed etc) Few questions on Number Systems were also asked. Basically, if you are good with the concepts and have little practical knowledge then cracking this round would not be tough. The round lasted for around 30 minutes.

After a break of around 10 minutes, I was again called for the Managerial round where a person (the Manager) asked me common Managerial questions like why Cisco and why TAC?
He also tested my practical skill on networking by giving me a simple troubleshooting problem on the whiteboard which was related to the default gateway and routers. This round also lasted for around 30 minutes.

After both the rounds I was expecting final HR round (as I didn’t know then that I am already selected: slightly_smiling_face: ) Then finally a girl announced some 4 names whom she called and informed as below

"Congratulations! You people are finally shortlisted, You will receive emails within a few days either direct from Cisco or from e-litmus! " Yes, I was one among those four people. There were few people before me also who got selected and probably there might be many more after I left.

Note: Guys I have shared whatever that has happened with me. Don’t confuse yourself if one or more thing didn’t happen exactly the same for you. My case is not absolute or perfect, neither do I claim this to be. But yes, if you have something to share or if you like to add something to the discussion then please comment below.

4 Likes

It seems there is 2 different ways in which written round is conducted.
For some it is 1 week before the interview , for others it is on same day as interview,
Isin’t it correct ?

Yes correct

Which location?

As per my knowledge It’s actually one and half year.

Any update on Cisco TAc 22nd interview?

Not yet …even I am waiting for the same

Please post on this group if you will get an update.

When will they send the next interview letter for the 6th of October. I declined the first letter because I didn’t want to go for the written round on 29th September.

has anyone received admit card for the written test on 29/30 sep…?

Yes I have received the admit card for written test on 29 September

I got 2 emails regarding CISCO test and interview… but i haven’t received the admit card yet…why…?

For those whose interview is in NCR, where will they get joining. NCR or Bangalore ?

Hey, does anybody has any clue about the candidates that were shortlisted for the next week ,when are they supposed to get a call.Does anybody received any mail or information from cisco or elitmus.

Admit card would be there in ur eLitmus Cisco tac portal…if u have accepted the invite… admit card automatically gets generated over there and u can download it from there