Shortlisting of candidates with ph score

Does any company that is hiring through elitmus, allow candidates without the ph score?
What does come into consideration when a company shortlists candidates for an interview call?
Is 80+ percentile in all three sections enough to apply for a software developer post?

2 Likes

No, you need a pH score compulsorily.
While 80+ percentile may get you interview calls, it may not as eLitmus’s algorithms select students most suited for the job. Also I dont know how the algorithm works. You may get a call instead of someone who has better %ile than you. So hold tight.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot navneet. One more query if u can make it clear.
What would be the approx. number of candidates that one can expect in an interview, after being shortlisted(considering Academics & PH score) by the company?
Will the interview experience be same as in case of a pool campus/off campus?

I really dont have idea about that because i havent attended any interview yet. It depends on the requirement. Sometimes 5-10 people get selected sometimes more.
Interview experience will be more or less like other interviews only, nonetheless, it will be an experience only :grin:

1 Like

Thanks buddy.

1 Like

Animesh! You can see around 20-50 candidates competiting with you for the post you have applied in particular company. I have attended 8 interviews. In Josh technology, there were about 60 candidates in our time slot. In Harman 8 lpa job profile, only 18 were sitting for technical interview. normally expect above 30 for coding rounds and above 20 for technical interviews.

1 Like

Thank you Shubham. It was really helping.

1 Like

Nicely explained.

1 Like

Hi
I wanted to apply to NI systems pvt Ltd. with my ph score(which I had given above).However when I tried to apply for it through the ‘apply for jobs’ section I didn’t get that company’s name??
Help pls…

Thanks shubham. I do have 84% & 81% in x & xii. One more suggestion if you can give. Actually i am planning to relocate to bangalore just to get maximum calls & attend those placement drives. As you know i wouldn’t be getting so much calls here in kolkata. Should i go for it with these percentages?

Bangalore is expensive city. You can relocate and try for companies but keep in mind the expense too. Otherwise maximum opportunities here. But as I live in Delhi I feel Gurgaon companies are suitable for me. Same package as bangalore companies. Just less no of companies.

1 Like

Yeah that is the main reason i asked. Thanks for the suggestion. Gurgaon too is a good it hub nowadays i guess. There also u can get lot of opportunities.
What are the sujbects that i need to cover to be able to do well in technical interviews(consider developer profile).

1 Like

Make your hands dirty in coding in java or c++. Take part in competitive coding, upload project on github, solve every program from geeksforgeeks. Solve interview puzzles.

2 Likes

hiii!!! may i know until when i can expect calls through elitmus? (2017 CSE Fresher)

Hi guys, I’m a civil engineer. I applied for the test and took it on 20th Aug. I got 89 , 97 and 97 percentile in verbal , problem solving and quantitative aptitude respectively… Will i be getting any calls from the companies if i prepare a few subjects like java and DBMS by myself.

1 Like

Yes

One thing I want to tell everyone is that there are students with 250+ score in ELitmus. SO your 150 score may not be enough for some companies. But be patient and apply at the earliest. DOn’t worry. In future drives companies do call those with less than 160 score. I applied to Ezeiatech on 1st july and got call on 2nd september. My ph score is 178.

I can’t say anything. But speaking strictly you must be very good programmer to surpass other with better academics and get the job, Its better to get job in small startup and gain experience.

hello guys, i got 88 in quant section , 11 in logical and 98 in verbal . Should i take one more ph test ?

Considering these are your percentile. You will have to take another test.
Logical section is very important, you need to score at least 85 percentile.

You may check this-
https://adda.elitmus.com/t/new-to-elitmus/93757/2?u=wali_3319673

If you find logical tough, I suggest you do only crypt arithmetic thoroughly so that you can do it 100%. 3 correct answers will get you around 80 percentile which should be good.

All the best! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like