I'm ex-TAC at Cisco, here's my experience

Hey!

I’m Kaushik, a 2015 pass out from PESIT south, bangalore in ECE. I wrote the eLitmus test in 2015 when I heard Cisco is hiring contract based positions for TAC through this. I got like 94 in math, 82 in Verbal and 28 in problem solving, I applied to Cisco anyway and got selected for next round in which there were Networking, Programming and DBMS MCQ’s. Don’t remember how much I scored but around 300 of us from India were selected for interview process in Bangalore.

Round 1 - Networking basics, they’ll ask you fundamentals and stuff like “explain how a packet traverses from your PC to the internet”. Be good with networking fundamentals (dhcp, dns, basic ip/tcp stuff).

Round 2 - Managerial round, only few people had this (many got hired even without managerial round). It was a senior manager who asks you some basic interpersonal stuff. This round should be chill, actually even round 1 was chill but you should be confident and prepared with the fundamentals.

I got confirmation and offer letter about 2-3 weeks later I think.

They divide the batch of freshers into different technologies (routing, switching, security, collaboration etc)

They then trained us for CCNA for 2 weeks , CCNA - security for 2 weeks, CCNP Security for 1 month, then you move into your respective technology teams. I moved into the Firewall team.

It was a good ride! But yes, you’re still at the beginning of this ride. Prepare as much as you can for the interviews, be confident and you’ll get it. Don’t worry it’s not the end of line for those who didn’t, work smartly and you’ll eventually make your way through.

Good luck!!

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Cisco TAC | 2016/17