Cisco TAC | 2016/17

OK here is my two bits. If you are a passionate programmer, TAC is not the place. If you like technology , connecting devices, networking etc but equally do not want to be Nerd, go for this. In my experience the interviewers will ask very basic concepts on networking - so just revise that well.

Now coming to contract. All large product companies like Cisco, Microsoft etc outsource work to companies like Infosys, Wipro, Aricent etc though they have India office. This is because they do not want to show large employee base :slight_smile:

So expect to be confirmed in 1 year time frame (if lucky earlier). It will be done when either new positions come to India or some people resign. Once on Cisco rolls salary is 10+ lakh and CTC is 12 lakh. No one will publicly tell in the forum salary range as it is prohibited. Essentially nothing to worry on contract front minus this that salary is just 6.5 lakh.

Also there is lot of stuff on net about TAC. To get details google there. There was approximately a 50 people batch who joined in 2015 - all of them get busy at work. So do not get time to answer. Elitmus people sent repeated mailers to those who joined so few came and checked.

Can you tell me what was the level of c language and DBMS in 1 rounf

C questions were basic types if youve coded before you can easily answer them.
Same hold for DBMS as well which were very basic.

No that’s what I want to know. Plus what list of 30 people they sent in the mail? Is that previously selected candidates list?

Yes they are previously selected candidates list…

1 Like

some update came through mail saying that 72 out of 203 people are selected through mail.I think if u r selected the invite for the interview might have already came.

Anyone please reply here who knows that if the 22nd September interview mail came to them after giving 16th September Cisco exam

Yes,I received an email regarding interview for 22nd September at Cisco(Bangalore).

Is there anyone who can tell me who is selected for further process

Hi,

I needed to ask something.

1. I live in Mumbai and I will have to go to Delhi or Bangalore for the Interview. I have Good interest in networking and I have some days before the interview hence I can prepare a little. As per your experience, Is it worth taking a chance?

2. Currently I am employed with some other company. If I apply for the post of TAC and eventually get selected also. In how many months do they expect us to join the company . In my current location, there is Notice period of 3 months. Do they ask you to join immediately?

1 Like

They said they are still sending 16th September selected candidates the call for 22nd September. So wait for a day to two.

I got a mail that I have been shortlisted for the next round got an invitation for the event on my dashboard with the details of the date time and venue.

Can you please tell me about the level of difficulty of network questions asked ?

Just now I have got a call from elitmus for interview on 22 sept. Chill they send mail personally for qualified candidates for next round .

Do you anything about the process of interview for 22nd and what are the topics to be prepared at?

Is it at cisco office or elitmus office?

hello,
can you tell my chance of getting an interview call through elitmus . i am 2017 fresher.will be appearing for the exam next month.

Is there written round for cisco TAC before the interview in delhi on 6th octobar 2018 ?

Yes written test will be there before 6 October

Thanks for the info.
How many days before…any idea ?